Race Details for the Litchfield Hills Road Race
When you get to the race, pick up your number at the registration booth on the green on race day. The tent opens at 10:00am.
- We strongly suggest that if the day turns out to be hot and humid and you have not trained in that type of weather, you do not run.
- Numbers will not be mailed. Pick up your race packet on race day at the registration table. The registration table opens at 10:00 am
- No Wheels or Pets allowed on course, this includes you.
- Mile Markers on course.
- Kid’s Races Registration is on the Green. This is a separate registration area for children’s races, located on the RT. 202 side of the Green
Water is available at the starting line and the following mile marks:
- Mile 1
- Mile 2.5
- Mile 3.5
- Mile 5
- Mile 6
- Mile 6.5
The Medical tent is located at the finish line.
Portable toilets will be set up on Litchfield Village Green.
Post race food is available for runners; look for the food tent on the west end of the Green.
The awards ceremony will take place on the Green at approximately 2:45pm, give or take.
Printed results be will posted at the west end of the Green, after the race.
Litchfield Hills Road Race Course
- The race starts at the top of the street on the Village Green. (The street with all the shops on it.)
- Run down the hill and take a left onto Meadow Street.
- At the end of Meadow Street, take a right onto Gallows Lane and go down the hill (you will run up this hill later, so get prepared!)
- At the bottom of the hill take a right, then your 1st left.
- Run past the cemetery then take a right.
- Take the 1st left and run past the schools.
- At the bottom of the hill, go right onto White’s Woods Rd.
- Continue along this stretch until you come to your 1st right (Bissell Rd).
- Continue on Bissell Road till the end and take a left into White Memorial.
- Follow the dirt road up the hill, down the hill straight between the rocks and OVER the bridge. Bear left AFTER the bridge (Be sure that you DO NOT take the left before the bridge).
- You will come back out on White’s Woods Rd. Take a left.
- Stay on this road back past the cemetery and back up Gallows Lane.
- Run up the hill to the top and take a left on to South Street.
- Follow South Street back to the center of town.
- The race ends at the bottom of the hill you started on right in front of Aspen Garden.
View Larger Map
Get directions from Google Maps.
destination is the center of Litchfield, CT